EAT EASY EVERY DAY
Who is cooking is the first of its kind meal platform for food lovers, food waste warriors and just-in-time meal chasers. We build an open-minded community to change food consumption to the better. Become part and move the change with us.
Frequently Asked Questions
Who is cooking is a social food sharing app, that lets you find and offer meals in your neighbourhood at any time you like. Cook meals you love and invite people to share them with you or choose your next food from the variety of different cuisines, offered in close distance to you every day. Just register for free and become one of the first to try it out.
If you located in a different city than Rostock, chances are high that there are not many offers around you so far. In that case, let us know in which city you are (just mail us) and spread the idea of Who is cooking with friends and acquaintances to enliven the community in your area.
Who is cooking is a social app. That means the community is depending on a culture of offering, sharing and meeting up. However, you don’t need to offer a meal on your own. But we promise, you will have most fun if you engage with our open-minded community as a cook and a guest.
Private cooks have the option to offer their food for takeaway if they like. In that case you can request portions of the meal for takeaway. If you decide for a food service offer, it is up to you if you eat there or take it out. Delivery is not available as we want to promote sustainability in the first place. However, we understand that for many people this is the only way to use our platform. Therefore, an environmentally friendly delivery solution may be integrated in the long run.
We recommend to follow these simple steps:
1. Fill your Who is cooking profile. The community is build on trust. Show who you are and why you share your meals. (You can also link your social profiles.)
2. Do a test cooking and get an idea of how long it takes until the food is serveable. (Pro-tip: already take some pictures of the meal and upload them to your profile.)
3. Write everything your guests should know into the meal description. This way no one starts the get-together with wrong expectations. For example, give some information if you include some drinks or if people can bring their own.
4. Don’t stress yourself, enjoy your passion for cooking and be relaxed even if a guest shows up a little early or late. All of you share the passion for good food, so go from there and have a great social experience.
Of course you can! Actually it might be the perfect start to get into the community, if you are not fully on your own with the meal preparation. Just don’t forget to mention this in your meal description, so guest are not surprised.
At first, we are very sorry to hear that! Please write us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us the username of the guest that did not show up. Our community is based on trust and we want everyone to be reliable. Therefore, we will contact the person, ask why, and get back to you afterwards.
That can happen any time. You could try to offer leftover portions for takeaway again. For the next time, check your profile and your meal description. The more trustworthy you are, the higher the chance that someone will be interested next time.
We recommend to follow these simple steps:
1. Fill your Who is cooking profile with some interesting information about you. The more people know about you, the better you will connect when meeting for the first time.
2. Read the cooks profile and meal description carefully, to be well prepared for what to expect and what not.
3. If you want something special to drink, it’s best to bring it yourself. It is certainly also a nice attention if you share it with the whole round.
4. Be on time and show consideration for the cook as he might be a little stressed in getting everything done in time. By helping out a little if needed, you can directly dive into your love for food together, so everything should be on course for a great social experience.
Yes you can. In general, going with a friend is a good idea if you are new to the community and would feel a little uncomfortable alone. Obviously make sure to request the correct amount of seats and that the cooker knows about it.
That might happen due to many reasons. We recommend to check your profile again and add some more information, so cooks get a better picture of you and your life. You can also add links to your social profiles to gain even more trustworthyness.